Friday, June 12, 2015

Hope Valley Pinwheels: A Finish

DONE!


Wow, I never thought it would happen. While I will admit that it isn't my favorite quilt, I do feel that it has a certain charm to it.



The pumpkin binding really does work well. I am glad that I stuck with it. Thanks to all of you who gave me the extra vote of confidence!

Please excuse the dog toy. It was so bright that I couldn't see anything in the view finder and this is the best shot I got!

So bright!

I finished the binding with a zig-zag stitch. This is becoming more and more common for me. I love the extra durability that it gives and how flat it makes the binding lay. Also, with the baby, I just don't have as much "sit around and hand stitch time" as I used to. He was kind of enough to take a long snooze so that I could finish.

I even remembered to add a tag! That never happens!
This quilt is listed for sale in my Etsy shop.

Linking up!
Confessions of a Fabric Addict
TGIFF
Richard and Tanya Quilts


2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Whitney! It's a beautiful finish. Very considerate of you little guy to let you finish it. So glad you linked up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful - the pumpkin binding does finish it off nicely. Like the backing too.

    ReplyDelete