Friday, September 13, 2013

Onto the Next

Quilt for Me, Take Three


After lots of internet and fabric store searching here are the three finalists to go in place of the defunct Jitterbug quilt (you can read all about that here and here).  And maybe, just maybe, I have already acquired the fabric and patterns to make ALL of them . . .

Pastels in "Window Pane"

This pattern:
I love, love. love this quilt! By Janet.  You can visit her shop here.
I don't actually have a pattern for this but I have seen this design and variations on this design several places.  The above photo just happens to be my favorite example.  The only drawback is that I don't really like square quilts and in order for the design not to be weird, it needs to be square.

This fabric:

I am super taken with this weird pastel + black palette right now.


Cross Roads in Tsuru

This pattern:
By Sherri McConnell. You can visit her blog here.

I have been wanting to make a plus quilt and I want to conquer half square triangles, so this is a pretty good option.  When I saw this pattern at Fabric Depot, I put it in my cart right away :)

This fabric:



Sunrise in Berry with a Hint of Citron

This pattern:
From the book Modern Basics II by Amy Ellis
I really like this quilt (again, very much like a plus quilt) and have been collecting fabrics in the below colorway for a while, but I am just not sure it's my winner.

This fabric:


I want to use a variety of low volume fabrics in the background.
I am hoping for a similar effect has this quilt.

I keep hymning and hawing over what will be the most fun to make AND I will be most excited about actually finishing (meaning sometimes tedious things are worth the effort).  Open to thoughts, suggestions and voting . . . 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love all three of the patterns and fabrics you chose!!

    I would have to say #1 is Sunrise, #2 is Window Pane and #3 is Cross Roads. :)

    Can't wait to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete