Sunday, March 3, 2013

Hello World!

Well hi there.  I am pretty excited to get this going and share what I have been up to with everyone!

First, by way of introductions, I'm Whitney.  I live in Portland, Oregon with my husband, two fur kids (also known as, the approvers/disapprovers of all I do) and currently, my brother.  Here are some photos of the fam:

The husband (my #1 fan and supporter)


Maddie (the fun police)

 
 
Dexter (the athlete and sometimes model)
 
 

 
 
The brother (the employed squater)
 
 
 
We do our best to all get along, well really, Maddie makes sure we all get along, and we have a pretty fun time most days.
 
So, back to why we're here.  I have a couple of hobbies that take up the bulk of my time:
  1. Sewing and Quilting
  2. Agility with Dexter
Generally speaking, this is intended to be a place for me to share the trials and tribulations of building my skills as a maker (and perhaps one day, seller) of things, but I can't promise that nothing else will creep its way in :)  While I have been gratified to be sharing my creations via Etsy and Pinterest, I have found that something is still missing for me.  Neither of those mediums really allow you to share the creative process very thouroughly.  That is what I hope to be able to do here.
 
I truly hope that you will enjoy learning more about how I do what I do, AND that you may find some inspiration of your own along the way!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you Whitney! Can't wait to see all of your projects from afar!

    ReplyDelete